Friday 11 May 2012

5 Minutes of Fame!

An exciting post dropped onto my Facebook wall earlier from a good friend Rachel... my five minutes of fame!

Nearly 12 months ago our local primary school won a competition to win a school uniform for each child courtesey of Clothing at Tesco.  Then, a few weeks ago a couple of the families from the school (including me!) were filmed describing their experience of the competition... and now it has been published!

Uniform Embroidery Facebook Competition - 2011 winners story

I'm really proud of how the community I live in came together and managed to win a national competition - for a school with only approximately 200 pupils (nursery, infants and juniors) that's a pretty big achievement!

I must apologise that this is the second post with no pictures of food - but for your information this evening I had a home-cooked "pub lunch" consisting of scampi with lemon wedges, chips and salad with all the trimmings!  I promise that the next post will consist of a cake or two!

3 comments:

  1. LOL Thanks for the link. I'm impressed with how good the video came out and I love how they ended it with the lolly-pop lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the catchphrase "Hurry up Ben!" as he was always at the back!

      Delete
  2. We loved Sheila's "Why would I want to live anywhere else?"

    ReplyDelete