Monday 17 September 2012

Total Greek Yohurt - Cheesecake with Raspberries, White Chocolate Sauce & Popcorn

I love cheesecake but usually make the chilled, no-bake version so when Total Greek Yoghurt asked me to choose a recipe from their site to make as part of their competition to launch the fantastic new range of 1,000 different recipes, I decided to give baked cheesecake a try.

I've had baked cheesecake before - usually when eating out and I haven't read the menu properly, the word "cheesecake" flashes before my eyes, I get giddy and say, "I'll have that!".  Then when it arrives, the slight disappointment hits me when I realise it's baked not chilled!  I always eat it though... never turn a dessert down!

Cheesecake with Raspberries, White Chocolate Sauce & Popcorn
This recipe from Paul Merrett is a throw back to that great dessert of the 70's - the cheesecake. Combine popcorn, raspberries and white chocolate to make a delicious update of this classic.

So anyway, making a new recipe that I haven't tried before - tricky, challenging...?  The recipe was surprisingly simple.  It takes a bit of planning as it needs to chill overnight, but the actual method is simple and well written for the most amateur of cook.  You can find the recipe here... the photo's below are of my own attempt and I'm glad to say that the finished result looked just like the professional picture!
Ingredients for Baked Cheesecake with Raspberries, White Chocolate Sauce & Popcorn

Biscuit base (Hob Nob's ... yum yum!)
Unbaked, ready for the oven

Baked, complete with statutory "crack"!

Nearly finished... raspberries, popcorn & grated chocolate

Finishing touch - white chocolate sauce :)



I did promise my neighbour a slice but unfortunately, we devoured the lot - sorry Mrs. P!  "We" being 4 of us over 2 sittings - not just me and hubbie, now that would be greedy!  But now I have an excuse to make it again!

This dessert would be a lovely end to a special meal - the calorie and fat content is quite high(!) but as a treat or a Sunday lunch dessert it's fine to spoil yourself now and again!  Just take the dog for a loooooong walk afterwards to make up for it!

You can find more recipes on the Total Greek Yoghurt website - there's a thousand ways to enjoy this 100% natural, authentic Greek taste.

Not only that, but they've launched a great new Facebook app so you don't even need to leave your social media page to get your recipe inspiration!

I have cooked with yoghurt before but was impressed to realise that Total Greek yoghurt is the only authentic Greek yoghurt on sale in the UK.  Because it is made in Greece in the traditional way it is much thicker and more robust than Greek‐styled yoghurt. As such it is much better to use in cooking and is still just as good for you. Total Greek Yoghurt is 100% natural.  And the 5 day chilled shelf life once opened is a bonus - there are so many recipes it can be used in, you won't waste a drop!

Total have hidden away 30 TOTAL recipes on 30 different food blogs across the web. Can you find them? If so, you are in with the chance of winning Paul Merrett’s Ultimate Chef’s Kit, worth over £800. On the tab you'll find clues leading to 10 of the hidden recipes and over the next few weeks, Total will be posting additional clues on their timeline to help you find the final 20. The more recipes you find, the more times your name goes into the draw and the more chances you have to win! The recipes are part of our brand new recipe collection 1000 Ways to Love your TOTAL.

Enter the competition here!
Disclosure: I was sent the ingredients for the purpose of testing out this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. this looks very yummy I will admit that I the thought of popcorn with it was a strange but it does look really tasty.

    http://joannavictoria-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete