Thursday 6 December 2012

Kwan's Kitchen Chinese Condiment Review

You know the time when you find a perfect dish from a Chinese (or other) restaurant or take-away, then move house to over 100 miles away and really miss those times when you really, really want to eat that perfect dish?

Yes, well so do we!  Moving from a large city with the perfect Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings to my little seaside town is exactly that!  But now, I've discovered Kwan's Kitchen!



The Salt & Pepper spice mix is fantastic!  It is defintely worthy of it's Great Taste Gold 2012 award!  Following the Good Food Show Winter, armed with my small but mighty jar of spice, I made Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings for my husband.  To be honest, he was quite non-commital at first, keen to try it but not overly enthusiastic as "it could never be the same as the one we used to eat"... one bite of the chicken and all was changed...!  He (and I) was very impressed and *did* believe that it is as good as a top Chinese restaurant.... and all cooked in my own kitchen with my own fair hands!

I can highly recommend the condiments from Kwan's Kitchen... here's the recipe for the Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings so treat yourself to a restaurant quality dish made at home for at least half the price!

Salt & Pepper Chicken Wings
Serves 2

8 chicken wings
1 tsp Kwan's Kitchen Salt & Pepper Spice Mix
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely sliced (optional)

Place all ingredients except the spice mix on a baking sheet with sides.  Sprinkle over the spice mix and bake in a preheated oven (Gas 5) for about 30 minutes, checking the chicken is cooked through.  Serve hot with a side salad and boiled rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment